This is a super yummy salad that can be served as a side or main dish. It’s super quick and easy to make and you will most likely already have most of the ingredients on hand. Super great in winter and a way to make sure you are getting protein.
1 can of butter beans(or bean of choice)
6 large leaves of kale
1 peeled onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 small chili
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
small amount of fresh herbs(brazil, rosemary, chives etc)
1 teaspoon of vegan butter
1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
1 cup of quinoa
500g of fresh baby spinach
small amount of chopped cherry tomatoes
fresh olives if desired
1. Heat stove and cook quinoa as stated on the packet of the particular quinoa you have – while the quinoa is cooking begin on the next step.
2. Drain and rinse beans, then add to food processor. Add all other ingredients to the food processor (bar the spinach, olives and lemon) and blend well.
3. Once everything is blended together(into a smooth texture), put this mixture on a frypan on a high heat with vegetable oil. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
4. Reduce pan to medium heat and add spinach and tomatoes. Once the spinach has reduced in size stop cooking.
5. Add this mixture to the cooked quinoa and stir well.
6. Add in the olives and as much lemon juice as suits your taste and stir.